Prepare for SQL Server 2008 end of support
On July 9, 2019, support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end.
That means the end of regular security updates. Don't let your infrastructure and applications go unprotected.
We're here to help you migrate to current versions for greater security, performance and innovation.
We've got you covered with new options!
New options are now available to help you upgrade and adopt the innovative technologies you need to carry your organization into the future. If you need additional time to manage the transition, get three years of Extended Security Updates to keep your workloads protected beyond the deadline.
Migrate to Azure with FREE security updates
- Rehost your SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 with few or no application code changes in Azure SQL Database Managed Instance for a “version-free” platform.
- Or, move to Azure Virtual Machines to get three years of Extended Security Updates at no additional charge and upgrade to a newer version when ready.
- Use existing licenses and save up to 55 percent with Azure Hybrid Benefit.
Three reasons to migrate your 2008 server applications to Azure now!
Embrace the tools in Azure to modernize your applications. Focus on business innovation with fully managed services like Azure SQL Database, Azure App Service, and Azure IaaS.
- Cost savings
Reduce your infrastructure costs with free extended security updates, the Azure Hybrid Benefit, and optimized infrastructure. Save up to $750K when you move one hundred 2008 servers to Azure. It would cost five times more to run Windows Server in AWS.
- Security and compliance
Counter sophisticated cyber threats with our secure cloud foundation and help meet compliance requirements with the most certifications of any cloud provider. Get free security updates for 3 more years after end of support.
Visit Our Website For More Information About Microsoft Azure (Click)
Upgrade on-premises and stay protected
- Upgrade to SQL Server 2017 for greater security, performance, availability and innovation with cloud analytics.
- For continued protection beyond the deadline, buy up to three years of Extended Security Updates—cover only the workloads you need while you upgrade.
For More Information And Undermarket Prices